With 30 years of classroom use, the “clicker” has become an integral part of Higher Ed classrooms around the world. Now, innovation is driving a second wave of adoption, with simplicity and power providing high impact in exchange for a 15-minute learning curve.
Our company Via Response™ is a cloud based response company, connecting instructors to students in new and engaging ways. Leveraging the power of the web, Via Response has incorporated hundreds of suggestions from instructors into hundreds of improvements and simplifications that simply can’t be duplicated by current classroom response companies.
Here are just a few of the improvements that Via Response brings to the classroom response market.
1. Easy Roster and Grades Management. For all of their benefits, first generation clicker companies were awful for importing rosters and exporting grades. With wizard driven import, instructors can literally import from any LMS or SIS without any guesswork. An equally powerful export wizard, allows grade data to export in virtually unlimited number of columns and formats.
2. No More… “Did You Get My Response?” Enduring the barrage of students after the class confirming their participation points from their clickers is completely eliminated through multiple sure fire validation methods that students can see and verify.
3. An Instructor Can Access the Questions, Results and Points Anywhere. Any Device. Any Browser. Instructors get tremendous flexibility that cannot be supported by the legacy clicker companies. Welcome to the cloud.
4. Students Can Use Any Device to Vote. iPhone®, Android, , Kindle®, Nook®, browser, tablet, legacy clickers — virtually anything.
5. Student Always Know the Score. Students receive multiple confirmations and cues on their involvement in the class period. Dynamic posting of points will make this an issue of the past.
6. No More Management of Lost Clickers. Students can switch devices without any instructor involvement! Device Management is virtually eliminated.
7. “I Forgot My Clicker.” Students will forget many things but their smart devices isn’t one of them.
8. The Days of Six Clickers On One Student’s Desk Is Over. Students won’t give up their smart device. It is the “air they breath.”
9. More Question Types Than First Generation Clicker Systems. Smart devices equal smart assessment types. Instructors enjoy a much richer set of dynamic question types.
10. Connectedness. Clickers were worthless for class communication. Smart Devices change that and Via Response has a platform to deliver two-way communication both in and out of the classroom with realtime and asynchronous delivery.
Call us today for a FREE evaluation and pilot! We want your feedback! Question. Engage. Connect.
Derrick Meer, COO Via Response Technologies.